Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Toddler gags when he has milk and cream?

(5 Posts)
Ekmx123 Fri 15-Apr-16 22:40:37

Hi, I was wondering if anyone can help me. So whenever I give my 2 year old milk or cream he gags and throws up, but he can eat yoghurt and cheese fine, does anyone know why this is? Could it be an allergy to something? Thanks x

Uptownfuckuup Fri 15-Apr-16 22:41:29

it doesn't sound like an allergy

maybe its the smell that is making him gag on it it does smell rather off

dementedpixie Fri 15-Apr-16 22:43:31

Is it a texture issue?

openthecurtains Fri 15-Apr-16 23:26:21

I have this. Always vomited milk straight back up as a child. Mum kept forcing it on me anyway until I was old enough to point blank refuse. Cream too. But I virtually lived on cheese and yoghurt. It's not that unusual - I think the lactose or something changes in the process of turning the milk into cheese/yoghurt. I can drink goats milk but still can't drink cows' milk.

Ekmx123 Sat 16-Apr-16 10:50:20

The milk and cream were always fresh when I gave it him, and also forgot to mention he has Sma toddler milk too. Strange.. He's got a doctors apt next week I'll see what they say. Thanks xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now