Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

3yr old DD thinning hair - see photo

(5 Posts)
Lemonsultanadanish Fri 15-Apr-16 09:24:00

DD (3yrs) has thinning hair, particularly at the front.

What can I do to help thicken it? I'd really appreciate any advice.

Diet?

Her hair is generally quite dry and tangly, and she has a permanent patch of cradle cap (which is getting bigger) so I've been washing her hair with Oilatum Junior shampoo twice a week.

TheCrumpettyTree Fri 15-Apr-16 16:11:12

To be honest I think you should see your GP. She may have some deficiency or thyroid issue. That's just a guess.

Lemonsultanadanish Fri 15-Apr-16 19:28:21

Thank you, I'll take her Monday

Botchit Fri 15-Apr-16 19:31:43

Agree with crumpetty, you need advise from your GP. Some of the hair looks as if is broken unless it's where it is growing back? Do you put her hair up in tight ponytails? Just a though as it can break hair if too tight or left in for a long time.

yumyumpoppycat Fri 15-Apr-16 19:34:20

I wouldnt worry too much it mostly looks thick, its much more likely the cradle cap than thyroid but you could take her to GP for a shampoo to clear it. My dc all had cradle cap and it does stop hair growing as well as it should but nit combing with a nitty gritty and conditioner cleared it (I was treating them for nits) not that fun though so maybe not a very brilliant idea.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now