Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

What is this rash on DS? (pics included)

(4 Posts)
MiniLop Wed 13-Apr-16 14:25:21

I've been through all the picture slides on NHS and baby centre, it doesn't match any of them. The closest is erythema toxicum which he had as a newborn, but he's 14 months now, surely too old for that?
He's got a few larger 'pimples' which are whitish with a circle of red round them, about 3 on his tummy and 3 or 4 on his back. Then lots of much smaller red dots which are scattered all over him. They're not blisters, even the big ones, so I don't think it's chicken pox.
He's otherwise fine, it doesn't seem to be bothering him. No temperature, appetite is normal etc. Any ideas?

MiniLop Wed 13-Apr-16 17:44:06

Anybody? sad

Mummytron Thu 14-Apr-16 22:28:01

Didn't want you to go unanswered.
Not sure what they are, have you seen the doc?
My daughter had similar spots a while back and our doctor wondered about pet flea bites?

MiniLop Sat 16-Apr-16 18:23:52

Thanks mummytron I did take him to the GP the next day as it was looking worse. She thinks it is a post viral rash after the ear infection he had last week. Looking better today so hopefully it's on its way out now!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now