Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Chicken Pox??

(7 Posts)
Traceyc1989 Mon 11-Apr-16 20:53:33

Hi all,

Chicken pox has been doing the rounds amongst friends children and the childminders, been on pox watch for the past two weeks and tonight I find this on DD, does it look like the start? She only has this one! Been irritable past few days but not been off food or drink. Any thoughts or advise i would would be grateful. Xx

LIZS Mon 11-Apr-16 20:56:06

No I don't think so. Whereabouts is it?

Traceyc1989 Mon 11-Apr-16 20:58:09

On her lower belly, it's full of fluid but isn't irritating her

ichoosesleep Mon 11-Apr-16 21:08:30

They do start off fluid filled I'd probably have a look for more in the morning or a warm bath they can usually trigger the rest to come out. Just remember not to use ibrupofen it can have a very dangerous reaction for some reason. I saw it on a thread the other day.

NickNacks Mon 11-Apr-16 21:10:55

I think it does look like CP.

Traceyc1989 Mon 11-Apr-16 21:11:23

Oh yes, I saw that too! It's written on the box apparantly but must be small as I've never seen it, so scary!

ichoosesleep Mon 11-Apr-16 21:20:37

They really do need to but it in bigger print because it looks to be so serious. Apparently it's something like the ibrupofen reduces swelling so it kind of retracts the chickenpox back into the skin causing infection and sepsis . Why the hell they don't make this more known is beyond me

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now