Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Can you reassure DS re back teeth falling out?

(8 Posts)
cakedup Sun 10-Apr-16 12:10:58

DS has just turned 11. His back teeth are falling out in quick succession and he says his nightmare about all his teeth falling out is coming true!

Within the last few weeks, 3 of his back teeth have fallen out. The back teeth seem different in that he didn't have weeks of wobbling like he did with his front teeth. We only saw the dentist a couple of months ago for a check up so I'm confident this is all normal and nothing to worry about.

Anyone else's DC have had/having a similar experience? This would be very reassuring for DS.

Guessinggame2016 Tue 12-Apr-16 00:09:19

Yes, my DS lost about six in two weeks when he was 10! Quickly followed by another two, which were his last milk teeth. He hadn't lost any for a couple of years before that.

Badders123 Wed 13-Apr-16 20:48:32

My sons dentist told him that it was s bit like toppling dominoes - once one went they all did! smile

ScarletOHaHa Wed 13-Apr-16 20:51:53

DS is nine and loses his very slowly and then they take ages to come through. My DN is a year older and was very late to losing baby teeth. He has been more of a domino, they are fall out and appear straight away.

Titsywoo Wed 13-Apr-16 20:55:00

Yes DD's back teeth are falling out in quick succession now. She lost the first one recently then a couple of days later I found another one in her bed - it fell out while she was asleep and she didn't notice!

chibsortig Wed 13-Apr-16 21:03:26

DS is 12 and all his back teeth just came out in the last couple of months in the space of a week or so. Reading all the other comments it appears to be normal.

cakedup Wed 13-Apr-16 22:35:10

Oh that is a relief for DS and maybe me a little bit thanks everyone.

The back teeth seem to fall out with any warning, whereas his front teeth would wobble for ages, finally getting looser until they were just hanging on, so no surprise when they actually fell out.

He was a bit traumatised a couple of weeks ago when he came home from school and was home alone. I was about 20 minutes away and called him to check everything was ok. During our phone call, he was chewing a sweet when I suddenly heard him scream. After a terrifying few minutes, when I wasn't sure what the hell was going on (and with my phone running out of battery shock ) it transpired that his back tooth had just come out. There was loads more blood than usual for some reason, and a lot more pain (although I'm not sure how much of this was panic induced).
I urged him to go to our neighbour who has two young kids but he wouldn't, sobbing "I only want you mum." It was the first time something like this had happened when he was on his own and he was really panicking because of all the blood.
My phone was about to run out of battery so I just called my mum and told her to call him (she's really good at distracting him and making him laugh) while I ran the rest of the way home!

Then this giant 11 year old curled up on my lap like a baby which I secretly relished .

cakedup Wed 13-Apr-16 22:38:25

Just read the comments to DS and he says he feels much better and wants to say thanks to everyone now GO TO BED DS .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now