Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

is anyone else's pre teen tired all the time.

(5 Posts)
Gileswithachainsaw Sun 10-Apr-16 11:18:33

I have a 9 yr old dd. is this just one of those natural twists that people joke about teenagers having?

or could something be wrong
diet and energy levels good. she eats the sake as we all do akd dd2 does and she's fine. up and happy every morning. gets a bit tired after school but she's In reception and to be expected etc

dd2 however hates getting out of bed. always whining she's to tired. she moans we never do anything (not true) but when I arrange a trip out she is a struggle to get out of bed and is actually very stroppy as she's apparently tired hmm

they do two activities a week, plus school, plus the usual going out to play on scooters/bikes etc.

happy to run about and play with a neighbours dog....

just no matter whether she gets up at 6.30 (school day) or gets to sleep til 9/10 in the hols and Sundays she still says she's tired and can't be bothered to get dressed etc.

if we go out she seems fine. happy to run around and play.. I ban the screens on a school days so they are encouraged to play or go out to play.

she does always look tired but she's also pale skinned so would anyway.....

teachers haven't ever said anything she's fine in school so not sure if she's putting ot on or whether I should be concerned. .

andsoimback Sun 10-Apr-16 11:22:24

I've just taken dd to gp and they're doing set of bloods to rule anything physical out for similar symptoms. Ds was very tired as a teen and tests showed he had severe vit d deficiency.

Gileswithachainsaw Sun 10-Apr-16 11:29:35

She went through a phase at schopl on Reception where she was really pale amd a bit bloated and her asthma having improved slightly was playing up more. I ended up taking her off the school dinners as the little part of them she was eating was basically a waste of time and money for her to eat shit and things improved immensely . I had taken her to the drs previously as was a little worried she may he anaemic due to looking so shit amd as a result of not eating properly at school but dr said she looked fine akd she improved. ..

now however she's moaning she's always tired and is pretty cranky with it to. but then alot of mums at the school have said similar so it dies sound in part to be a stage of development bit not sure to this extent...

I'll put her back on vitamins and see if that helps if that's a possibility.

OddBoots Sun 10-Apr-16 11:35:01

My dd was like this, she has a good diet but had been doing a lot of growing both in height and in development so I did wonder about vitamins. She has been on these ones that I got as a 3 for 2 in Tesco for about a month and she has really improved - she is still a bit stroppy but she has just turned 13 so I'm not too surprised.

Gileswithachainsaw Sun 10-Apr-16 11:49:27

So at least 4 more yrs of this then hmm

grin

I'll definately get some more vitamins and see how she goes.

I do swear she is partly to blame. she faffs about alot and makes herself restless at bed time. so she does need to actually lie down and go to sleep rather than roll around in bed and mess about with the curtains and arranging her teddies

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now