Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

3 year old has sudden limp

(4 Posts)
penny567 Fri 08-Apr-16 11:18:32

My 3 year old son has suddenly started limping, he has no pain anywhere, he hasn't banged it, I've checked for blisters, splinters, I've checked his toe nails, his knees, ankles, hips there is no sign of anything wrong, just this limp, it seems to get worse if his walkin for awhile. Just wondering if anyone else has ever had anything similar!! Don't no weather I should take him to docs or see if it gets better on its own seein as tho he's not in any pain. Thanx in advance x

amarmai Sat 09-Apr-16 12:49:24

something is causing it -why delay =get it checked.

ICanSeeForMiles Sat 09-Apr-16 12:59:17

My 3 year old had this too. Took him to GP and we were referred immediately (like get in the car and go now) to children's hospital A&E.
Luckily it turned out to be nothing worse than irritable hip, a virus that appears after a cold or sickness, and it cleared up within a week or two (I think).

However there are many possible causes (yes, I Googled before we left for the hospital) and I was so worried I drove to the hospital in tears.

Get to the docs.

penny567 Sat 09-Apr-16 14:05:41

Thank u both, yes think I will take him down docs, something not rite x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now