Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

What is this 'spot' cluster on ds's groin? Pic attached.

(10 Posts)
MrsBungle Thu 07-Apr-16 12:08:45

My ds is 3 almost 4.

Around December time I noticed a cluster of 'spots' around his groin, one much bigger than the others). I assumed warts and they didn't bother him so I just kept an eye. My friend who's a midwife looked at it and said it didn't look like warts to her due to not being cauliflower shaped, they're very smooth.

Ds had a gp appointment about something else a couple of weeks ago so I showed the doc, he confirmed warts, said leave them alone.

Today the main 'wart' is all red and inflamed and it feels lumpy in the red area around it. There's also a little white spot right next to it. Pic attached.

I wonder if it's rubbed on his waist band, it is around that level.

Do I put a plaster on it? Or, does a nurse need to look at it? Just concerned it might be infected?

MrsBungle Thu 07-Apr-16 12:12:48

One more thing, he says the big spot is very sore 😞

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Thu 07-Apr-16 12:15:03

Looks like this to me?

www.nhs.uk/conditions/molluscum-contagiosum/Pages/Introduction.aspx

Lots of info on the link.

TheWeeBabySeamus1 Thu 07-Apr-16 12:16:13

Poor thing that looks really sore sad

I'd probably try and get him back in GPs, just in case it's infected. If you can't get an appointment today try taking the photo to the pharmacy to see if they can recommend anything.

OneMagnumisneverenough Thu 07-Apr-16 12:16:46

yup, I'd say same as ItsAll DS2 was plagued with them and has a lot of scars particularly on the back of his knees.

MrsBungle Thu 07-Apr-16 12:21:00

Why didn't I think of molluscum?! Dd has one right by her eye and it lasted bloody ages til it seemed to die and fall off! It never went red and lumpy with the White spot thing next to it though?

The others around it definitely look like molluscum. I wonder if this one is infected then, do you think that warrants a trip to practice nurse? He doesn't have a temp and he's totally fine in himself but he is saying it's sore.

Thanks very much for all the replies - I appreciate it.

OneMagnumisneverenough Thu 07-Apr-16 12:24:29

It looks like that one has rubbed on something or it has been itchy and he has rubbed it so has become inflamed. Sudocrem or something will probably sort it out.

MrsBungle Thu 07-Apr-16 12:27:11

I'll try the sudocreme. Cheers.

Underbrella Thu 07-Apr-16 16:15:53

It does look like molluscum. Ds had it for 1+ year through reception/ yr1 mainly on his face / chest poor thing. We eventually took him to the dr because other children were starting to comment & he thought the best way to get rid was to pick all the spots & I needed dr to back me up that he wasn't to do that (maybe coincidence, but it did seem to work tho hmm). Took dd as she had it under one arm but hadn't picked them. She has lots more now & does sometimes end up with one like in the photo. Dr gave us sympathy & Eurax for itching & we're now waiting for dds to resolve.

MrsBungle Thu 07-Apr-16 18:31:29

Aaah your poor ds underbrella. I have Eurax too so will out some of that on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now