Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

cetraben cream

(5 Posts)
WhattaMunter Sun 03-Apr-16 09:14:21

Any one used it?

DD(7) has eczema prone skin which is itchy and dry and lumpy in parts (inner elbows and backs of knees). Was thinking of buying this to try.

CrazyDuchess Sun 03-Apr-16 09:18:56

Go foe epaderm- great stuff better than cetraben for my dd

GreenMarkerPen Sun 03-Apr-16 09:20:03

it's worth a try imo. it's basically just a medical grade petroleum jelly based moisuriser.
good luck

wiccamum Sun 03-Apr-16 16:25:34

Cetraben is good, but I've had great results with Aveeno products. Expensive but you can get them on prescription. I did, for my dd when she was a toddler, and use it occasionally as prevention. I wouldn't go for aqueous cream as a topical treatment but fine as a soap substitute. Epaderm ointment is also a lovely and effective soap substitute. Dissolve about a tablespoon in boiling water and add to the bath water. Makes the bath very slippery so be careful!

Harrymetsally123 Sun 10-Apr-16 18:07:19

Hey did u go for the cetraben?
How is it going?

I use it because it's the only thing that doesn't make things worse. But everything is worth a try in my opinion if there's a chance it will ease the pain

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now