Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Cancer risk for new baby

(4 Posts)
aimees75 Fri 01-Apr-16 22:08:27

I had a c-section 7 weeks ago. A couple of days later I was sent for an urgent vq scan due to wheezing as they suspected a blood clot in the lungs, which turned out to be a chest infection. I was told not to breast feed the babies (twins) for 14 hours afterwards but no one mentioned cuddling, and when I asked the midwife she said it was fine. However ever since then I have been worrying about this and have just seen someone else mention on mn that they were told not to cuddle their baby after their vq scan. Does anyone have any knowledge of this? Feeling so worried for my twin girls now.

dementedpixie Sat 02-Apr-16 09:32:15

www.insideradiology.com.au/pages/view.php?T_id=66&ref_info#10 - don't know of this is useful to you

Sothisishowitfeels Sat 02-Apr-16 09:47:03

I'm not sure what a vq scan is! But I had pneumonia when my dd was 6 weeks old and had two ct scans (with the dye etc) I was told not to breastfeed for 24 hours after each but hugged my dd and the other children as normal.

Tbh if there is a risk at all I think it would be minuscule.

aimees75 Sat 02-Apr-16 21:57:22

Thank you both for your replies, they are much appreciated. I am going to email my midwife in the morning as well as looking at that link X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now