Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Please look at these spots!

(20 Posts)
Sothisishowitfeels Wed 30-Mar-16 18:37:31

5 month old dd has spots on her legs worse on one than the other but there are like little pinpricks.

She had her jabs today could it be from that?

Coldtoeswarmheart Wed 30-Mar-16 18:38:51

Possibly. Is she otherwise well?

Sothisishowitfeels Wed 30-Mar-16 18:42:21

She pretty grumpy she has cried pretty much since having the jab apart from when sleeping ! But she doesn't seem terribly unwell. The rash is up to her knee now (I took that picture a few hours ago) but the new spots are not as dark yet.

imeatingthechocolate Wed 30-Mar-16 18:44:11

they look quite lumpy? i would be ringing for advice xx

Sothisishowitfeels Wed 30-Mar-16 18:49:08

I am a bit loathe to just because it's such a small patch ! The are not lumpy her skin it totally smooth .

Sothisishowitfeels Wed 30-Mar-16 18:49:31

It's just like marks under her skin if you see what I mean

Coldtoeswarmheart Wed 30-Mar-16 18:53:23

A quick call to 111 wouldn't be a bad idea - if it's a common post-jab reaction they aren't that likely to send you to A&E.

Sothisishowitfeels Wed 30-Mar-16 21:17:49

Thanks for replying. I have given her calpol but dh is saying it's nothing so I don't know.

beautifulgirls Wed 30-Mar-16 21:26:28

Do they fade under a glass? If not then A&E. As she is not unwell in self it is unlikely to be sepsis, however please get her checked out anyway. They do look a bit like a henoch schonlein purpura spots that my daughter had and if that is the case she also needs to be checked out though unlikely to be as imediately urgent - however the rashed for HSP and sepsis look the same. DD3 has been through both, rare things do happen! Please call the GP OOH for advice if nothing else though statistically it is not likely to be anything too scary.

NanoTechMum Wed 30-Mar-16 21:33:17

My first thought was that it looks like HSP. My DH had that recently (even though it normally affects children) and your photo reminds me of it.

I agree. Call the OOH doc for advice.

Canestpasmonnom Wed 30-Mar-16 21:49:56

Hi OP - don't wish to cause alarm but agree good idea to call 111/ooh for advice as these do look a bit like the spots my DD got at first when she had Henoch Schonlein Purpura (to do with immune system response to a virus iirc). Started as non-fading pinprick spots around ankles, moved up legs quite quickly, changing into splodge-like bruises. No real temp or illness on the day. DD was fine but kept under obs by paediatrician for several months.

Sothisishowitfeels Wed 30-Mar-16 21:59:47

Sorry didn't see these replies and reposted a panicky thread in chat

They do not fade I took a pic blush I am waiting for OOH to call.

Clarkgriswoldforever Wed 30-Mar-16 22:02:41

If they don't fade I think you should take her straight to the hospital. Don't wait for a call back. Can you get to the hospital?

Clarkgriswoldforever Wed 30-Mar-16 22:06:10

Sorry don't mean to send panicky message. It'll probably be something that's nothing to worry about. I just think it'll put your mind at ease if someone looks at them rather than over phone.

lovelilies Wed 30-Mar-16 22:09:03

Id take her to A&E
Fx it's nothing but with little ones they can become poorly so quickly

secretsignal Wed 30-Mar-16 22:11:34

I'd go to a&e with a non fading rash. Hopefully it's nothing to worry about, but not worth taking the risk.

lovelilies Wed 30-Mar-16 22:37:13

Please update us when you can, hope dd is okay thanks

Clarkgriswoldforever Thu 31-Mar-16 12:17:22

How is your dd op?

Cherry78 Sat 02-Apr-16 21:11:12

Really hope all is okay?

Sothisishowitfeels Sat 02-Apr-16 22:05:02

Hi everything was finesmile she still has a few spots we were told it was called petichae?

The only slight worry is that she still has them and has some on her face and upper legs. We saw the HV who told us that if it continues we should take her to our gp.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now