Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Chicken pox cough

(6 Posts)
Fleck Wed 30-Mar-16 09:50:38

My Ds (21m) developed chicken pox on Friday. He's all crusted over now but started coughing quite badly last night and sounds a bit wheezy. He's bright and cheery between coughing and hasn't got a temp. I know you need to be careful with chicken pox complications but as this has come as the pox has improved I suspect he's just picked up another bug. Do you think I need to get him checked out? We're on holiday but there is a walk in centre nearby we could go to.

Canshopwillshop Wed 30-Mar-16 09:56:33

I suspect the cough is related to the cp. If he's wheezy I would get his chest checked to be on the safe side.

Fleck Wed 30-Mar-16 10:35:52

Thanks. I will do. He's so happy when he's not coughing, but I'm worrying so need to go with my gut..

Canshopwillshop Wed 30-Mar-16 10:39:21

I hope he's ok and the Dr can stop you worrying.

Fleck Wed 30-Mar-16 17:43:25

He's fine, thanks. Phew! Took him to minor injuries/ illness unit but they only had nurses so they booked me an appt with a nurse practitioner at the gp surgery. She was lovely, gave him a thorough check and pronounced him fine smile she also said they have an 'open door ' policy for little ones so we can come back any time. Just wish they were so nice at our own surgery!

Canshopwillshop Wed 30-Mar-16 22:15:50

Great news 😊 Always better to err on the cautious side.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now