Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Dancing with a broken collar bone

(6 Posts)
MinesAPintOfTea Sat 26-Mar-16 10:48:10

DS (3) fractured his collar bone 3 weeks ago. He's running around like normal now, but I'm having a dither over whether it is advisable to take him to his favourite auntie's wedding celiegh or if we should go to bed early. I know that he'll be trying to swing around as soon as the band starts if we stay...

TondelayaDellaVentamiglia Sat 26-Mar-16 10:53:17

i wouldn't take him....someone is bound to pick him up and whirl him round! shock

Ceilidhs are chaotic at weddings!!

dratsea Sat 26-Mar-16 11:37:09

3yrs old, 3weeks ago, it has healed, "Collies" of wrist at that age healed by 2-3 weeks, depends on exactly what you see on x-ray. He will be fine, can do handstands and break dancing if he feels able. But do send scan of x-ray if you think I give wrong advice.

Have a great wedding!

MinesAPintOfTea Sat 26-Mar-16 13:12:26

I've not seen the x-ray! Just been told by the A&E doctor that it is fractured.

And most of his "own weight" stuff I'm happy with: its being swung around, galloping in pairs and getting seriously giddy into the process that makes me think he might damage it again.

ItsLikeRainOnYourWeddingDay Sat 26-Mar-16 13:13:49

I wouldnt risk it. Not everyone there will know he has an injury.

MinesAPintOfTea Mon 28-Mar-16 08:30:34

Thanks all. We'll probably give it a miss...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now