Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Dancing with a broken collar bone

(6 Posts)
MinesAPintOfTea Sat 26-Mar-16 10:48:10

DS (3) fractured his collar bone 3 weeks ago. He's running around like normal now, but I'm having a dither over whether it is advisable to take him to his favourite auntie's wedding celiegh or if we should go to bed early. I know that he'll be trying to swing around as soon as the band starts if we stay...

TondelayaDellaVentamiglia Sat 26-Mar-16 10:53:17

i wouldn't take him....someone is bound to pick him up and whirl him round! shock

Ceilidhs are chaotic at weddings!!

dratsea Sat 26-Mar-16 11:37:09

3yrs old, 3weeks ago, it has healed, "Collies" of wrist at that age healed by 2-3 weeks, depends on exactly what you see on x-ray. He will be fine, can do handstands and break dancing if he feels able. But do send scan of x-ray if you think I give wrong advice.

Have a great wedding!

MinesAPintOfTea Sat 26-Mar-16 13:12:26

I've not seen the x-ray! Just been told by the A&E doctor that it is fractured.

And most of his "own weight" stuff I'm happy with: its being swung around, galloping in pairs and getting seriously giddy into the process that makes me think he might damage it again.

ItsLikeRainOnYourWeddingDay Sat 26-Mar-16 13:13:49

I wouldnt risk it. Not everyone there will know he has an injury.

MinesAPintOfTea Mon 28-Mar-16 08:30:34

Thanks all. We'll probably give it a miss...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now