Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Hard lump left on leg at site of baby's vaccination

(5 Posts)
BlackeyedPetitsPois Mon 14-Mar-16 22:11:01

DD had her 12 week jabs approx a month ago (due to have next lot next week).
Noticed today that she has a very hard lump under the skin on her leg just here the men c vaccine was injected. It's not noticeable unless you feel and slightly press her leg and it doesn't seem to hurt her. It's about the size of a pea.

Any ideas?

NeophyteStarfish Wed 23-Mar-16 14:56:05

mine had the same after the 8wk one, came up after a few days and went away about a week later. hth.

HardleyWorthit Wed 23-Mar-16 15:03:26

Dc2 had the same, the lumps were quite hard and stuck around for ages. I was worried at first but read in the info leaflet that it's normal.

OneBiscuitAtATime Wed 23-Mar-16 15:05:20

Totally normal, DS had this too. www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/448789/8584-what-to-expect-after-vaccination-2015-2P-A5-02-web.pdf

FoodieToo Thu 24-Mar-16 17:40:57

My GP told me his daughter still has a lump at 14!! My kids had them for ages also. Some for years.
I think it's just scar tissue.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now