Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Ok so what am I. missing

(15 Posts)
Gileswithachainsaw Mon 14-Mar-16 21:42:59

Dd has started to get an.itchy red rash on her face.

looks like an allergic reaction

but fir the life of me I can't think.what too. no make up or products on her face. no leaning against people and clothing.

rest of body fine.

it's a mystery

CocktailQueen Mon 14-Mar-16 21:44:29

Scarlet fever?

Been bitten by anything?

gamerchick Mon 14-Mar-16 21:44:55

Pillow cases? Maybe a maintanence wash, change of detergent and extra rinse?

Gileswithachainsaw Mon 14-Mar-16 21:48:06

all bedding has been washed in an anti allergy detergent which has made a surprising difference to her eczema.

she never really gets eczema on her face. she's had it on and off since Friday. no new products ir anything. all are carefully selected and tried and tested and caused her no reactions the whole time we have used them.

she sleeps in.her pants so of it was bedding ot would be all over but it's just her face. ..

Gileswithachainsaw Mon 14-Mar-16 21:53:39

Oh and no cough or temp or anything.

Witchend Tue 15-Mar-16 12:39:10

Slapped face? Dd1 wasn't really ill with it.

2madboys Tue 15-Mar-16 12:43:19

My DS got something similar after eating some sweets with hideous blue colouring in them. Has she been eating anything unusual lately?

Buzzardbird Tue 15-Mar-16 12:49:40

Shampoo?

Gileswithachainsaw Tue 15-Mar-16 16:44:01

It's not the shampoo.

I. had an idea about the soap at school and her running her face but apparently she doesn't use soap as it makes her hand itchy hmm

yuck

could be the spray used on the tables I guess but nit convinced.

weird

Gileswithachainsaw Tue 15-Mar-16 16:44:15

No strange food

Buzzardbird Wed 16-Mar-16 14:30:01

She's not been at PGL or similar has she?

flanjabelle Wed 16-Mar-16 14:32:00

It could be anything that she touches. I am allergic to lanolin and if I touch anything with it in, I will get a rash on my face from transferring it by toucjng my face. Often I won't come up in a rash on my hands as the skin isn't as sensitive.

Gileswithachainsaw Wed 16-Mar-16 14:47:38

Well. ot seems to have gone fir now. although she can still "feel it"

clearly she's toughed something and rubbed her face or she's least against something but we won't know.i don't think. she's not been away anywhere. it's likely something at school she's not even thought about...

Buzzardbird Wed 16-Mar-16 14:53:25

One more idea, do they have conifers at school? A friend's child got a rash from playing around the conifers because of the sap.

Gileswithachainsaw Wed 16-Mar-16 14:54:45

I haven't seen any but I shall ask her. thanks smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now