We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

4 year old persistent sore tummy

(11 Posts)
TheEdgeIsNigh Wed 09-Mar-16 16:37:08

For the past few weeks, DS has said several times a day that his tummy hurts. His appetite is a bit rubbish too. The whole family had a tummy bug and it's been since then... He currently has the tail-end of a cold with a cough. I also spotted one potential threadworm in his poop and treated him(and everyone else in our house) last night.
Do I take him to see the GP or wait and see? I'm at my wits end with all the bugs that are grabbing onto us! It's non-bloody-stop! 😩

PeopleOnTheEdgeOfTheNight Wed 09-Mar-16 16:43:52

Similar here! No tummy bugs, just constant coughs and colds and "sore tummy", which I think is just part of the viral experience for my 4yo. He's generally eating well, no sign of constipation. I've spoken to pharmacists, am wondering if it's worth seeing a GP.

TheEdgeIsNigh Wed 09-Mar-16 16:48:35

Its relentless isn't it! With 3 kids, I do t think we've allbeengealthy at the same time in months! I feel like crying and running away to a hotel to escape the lurgy

TheEdgeIsNigh Wed 09-Mar-16 16:52:13

All been healthy, that should have said!

TheEdgeIsNigh Wed 09-Mar-16 17:48:04

Poor thing is flaked out on the sofa watching a film, with a temp of 38.4 sad

PeopleOnTheEdgeOfTheNight Wed 09-Mar-16 20:03:40

Oh no, I hope he feels better soon

TheEdgeIsNigh Wed 09-Mar-16 20:12:44

Thanks. Same to you and your little one. His temp is lower now and he's playing on the iPad and asking for toast... smile

Itsallaswizz Wed 09-Mar-16 20:14:34

My dd was similar, turned out to be a uti.

TheEdgeIsNigh Wed 09-Mar-16 20:55:29

Oh really... I had considered that. Think a trip to the GP might be in order. Thanks wizz

Squashybanana Wed 09-Mar-16 21:00:14

Be aware that throat infections are often described as 'sore tummies' by DC; this is because of associated swollen glands in the tummy. It might be worth having a look at his throat.

Good luck, this last month has been a bugger for germs!

PeopleOnTheEdgeOfTheNight Wed 09-Mar-16 21:10:17

Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now