Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

4 year old persistent sore tummy

(11 Posts)
TheEdgeIsNigh Wed 09-Mar-16 16:37:08

For the past few weeks, DS has said several times a day that his tummy hurts. His appetite is a bit rubbish too. The whole family had a tummy bug and it's been since then... He currently has the tail-end of a cold with a cough. I also spotted one potential threadworm in his poop and treated him(and everyone else in our house) last night.
Do I take him to see the GP or wait and see? I'm at my wits end with all the bugs that are grabbing onto us! It's non-bloody-stop! 😩

PeopleOnTheEdgeOfTheNight Wed 09-Mar-16 16:43:52

Similar here! No tummy bugs, just constant coughs and colds and "sore tummy", which I think is just part of the viral experience for my 4yo. He's generally eating well, no sign of constipation. I've spoken to pharmacists, am wondering if it's worth seeing a GP.

TheEdgeIsNigh Wed 09-Mar-16 16:48:35

Its relentless isn't it! With 3 kids, I do t think we've allbeengealthy at the same time in months! I feel like crying and running away to a hotel to escape the lurgy

TheEdgeIsNigh Wed 09-Mar-16 16:52:13

All been healthy, that should have said!

TheEdgeIsNigh Wed 09-Mar-16 17:48:04

Poor thing is flaked out on the sofa watching a film, with a temp of 38.4 sad

PeopleOnTheEdgeOfTheNight Wed 09-Mar-16 20:03:40

Oh no, I hope he feels better soon

TheEdgeIsNigh Wed 09-Mar-16 20:12:44

Thanks. Same to you and your little one. His temp is lower now and he's playing on the iPad and asking for toast... smile

Itsallaswizz Wed 09-Mar-16 20:14:34

My dd was similar, turned out to be a uti.

TheEdgeIsNigh Wed 09-Mar-16 20:55:29

Oh really... I had considered that. Think a trip to the GP might be in order. Thanks wizz

Squashybanana Wed 09-Mar-16 21:00:14

Be aware that throat infections are often described as 'sore tummies' by DC; this is because of associated swollen glands in the tummy. It might be worth having a look at his throat.

Good luck, this last month has been a bugger for germs!

PeopleOnTheEdgeOfTheNight Wed 09-Mar-16 21:10:17

Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now