Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

9 yr old ds pants smelling of wee

(2 Posts)
PJ67 Wed 09-Mar-16 08:23:59

Does anyone else have this? I don't think he's wetting himself but his pants are regularly smelling. My 6 yr ds never has this. Ds seems to wipe himself properly but I'm not sure if he's waiting till the last minute to go to the toilet.
He had a spinal dimple at birth that the doctor said was ok but now I'm worried I case he has some kind of spinal problem as I tend to be a bit of a worrier! Any ideas?

upsidedownfrown Wed 09-Mar-16 12:35:22

My 8 yo does this! My 5 yo ds does not! With ds, it's always either that he literally waits for the last second to dash to the loo or he's in such a rush to wee, he starts pulling his pants up without quite wiping his willy properly. Last summer hols I made him go try for a wee at regular intervals whether he felt like it or not so he wasn't leaving it till the last minute. And nowadays I impose a 15sec wee time (only for weeing. That doesn't include washing hands etc) and as long as he remembers/i remind him to count to 15, he doesn't get damp pants. It's just rushing! I sound horrible making these rules but I'm really not! Promise!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now