Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Accidentally gave DD out of date ham -WWYD

(5 Posts)
Jujuheyhey Mon 07-Mar-16 07:45:58

Yesterday I accidentally made ham sandwiches using out of date (by 3 days) ham. I'm fine but DD7 has just had diarrhoea and has a stomach ache. She hasn't been sick. Would you send her to school if she doesn't get worse?

Sometimesithinkimbonkers Mon 07-Mar-16 07:50:14

She can't go to school fir 48 hours if she's had the runs X

Jujuheyhey Mon 07-Mar-16 08:03:05

Yeah I've just realised that and I know when she's swinging the lead so going to keep her off anyway. Feeling massively guilty as well.

Papergirl1968 Mon 07-Mar-16 09:17:40

Don't feel guilty. Doubt it would be the ham that caused it. If it smelled and tasted ok, it would be fine. I take use by dates as guidance only and a couple of days is nothing.

Jujuheyhey Mon 07-Mar-16 09:56:23

Cheers Papergirl, it still looks and smells fine! I eat OOD stuff all the time but wouldn't give it to DD deliberately! She seems ok and I'm quite enjoying a day off work so maybe no harm done...<feels guilty again>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now