Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Ear infection - shoukd we see the doctor?

(4 Posts)
HairySubject Sat 05-Mar-16 12:03:12

Ds 3 has had earache on and off for about 3 weeks. Started infrequently but became almost constant so took him to the doctor last week.
The doctor said there was no sign of infection and said ds has glue ear. Probably because of the weather and that it should clear up.
The pain got worse over the next day or so and today he has clear liquid coming from his ear but the pain seems to have gone.
I thought the liquid means his ear drum has perforated allowing the pressure to drain hence the no pain.
However I have just goggled and it says if they have ear discharge we should see a doctor.
As the pain is gone I don't think it is necessary to see the doctor?
Should I take him?

unexpectedworms Sat 05-Mar-16 12:28:59

Yes I would. Ear infections can be nasty. If only to put your mind at rest. What about a walk in if the GP is busy?

meatliqour Sat 05-Mar-16 12:35:51

100% yes. Could lead to all sorts, including permanent damage

HairySubject Sat 05-Mar-16 13:22:06

I was thinking of the walk in. We have an appointment with our gp on Wednesday but will go to the walk in today just to be sure.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now