Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Baby tooth wobbly, then snapped

(4 Posts)
messystressy Wed 24-Feb-16 20:34:17

My DS (5) has had a wobbly bottom tooth. The one next to it recently fell out NC I can see the adult teeth coming through the gumline. But the adult teeth pushed the baby tooth sideways and the baby tooth came out today. Looking at the tooth, it seemed that it snapped at the root, and I can see a little bit of tooth left in his gum. Has anyone had any experience of this? Wondering whether to take him to the dentist, bug presume the adult teeth will push the remnants of the baby tooth to the surface? Thanks!

messystressy Wed 24-Feb-16 20:35:18

NC? Think that was supposed to be 'and'...god, more typos,sorry!

Imnotaslimjim Wed 24-Feb-16 20:37:47

Baby teeth usually snap at the root and the root dissolves in the gum. Its rare to get a tooth with the roots still intact

If you're worried, take the tooth to the dentist and they'll tell you if its abnormal

messystressy Wed 24-Feb-16 20:46:03

Aaah! Interesting, had no idea. I might see how it goes but thanks for advising. Couldn't find anything on Google, Mumsnet is a godsend!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now