Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Losing baby teeth- a hanger on!

(5 Posts)
LovelyBath Wed 24-Feb-16 12:37:10

My son is 7 and is losing his front two upper middle teeth- one has gone but the other is hanging on for dear life! the dentist said he was sure they'd both be out by Christmas. Despite the two little edges being cut fine there is now one baby tooth stuck out at an angle which refuses to budge! he says it's quite painful. Will it just come out in time" Has anyone else had this? I kind of want to take him back to the dentists but don't want to if it's just natural.

Skrewt Wed 24-Feb-16 12:39:03

Yes, my DS has had many teeth pulled because they refused to let go - it's quick and simple and was a great relief to DS. His second teeth were well on their way though.

BosomySusan Wed 24-Feb-16 13:10:26

My DD had to have a baby tooth removed, it'd been slightly wobbly for ages but then the adult tooth came out behind it instead of pushing it out. It wasn't going anywhere so the dentist whipped it out when we went for a checkup.

LovelyBath Sun 28-Feb-16 17:35:37

Ok I might need to go back to the dentist then! They have check ups every six months, I wonder if it's Ok to leave it till then. It's sticking out at a strange angle and he looks like Nanny McPhee! It's also going a brownish color, lovely! Thanks for your replies

Amy214 Sun 28-Feb-16 20:11:54

I had a tooth that hung on i had to have an x ray and thats when they found out my adult tooth was facing the wrong way, i had to have the tooth pulled out and the adult had to forced into the correct position, its only now that its grown in right, i would take him back to the dentist especially if its sore

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now