Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Nonovirus or something else?

(8 Posts)
Millionairerow Sat 20-Feb-16 16:27:41

Dd is 3 and had several coughs/colds the past few weeks. She's been sick about 5-6 times in last 24 hours, really high temp. I've asked if anything is sore and she says both ears. I can't tell if that's coz I asked if she was in pain. She's just had a loose poo there but no diarrhoea up to now. Do you reckon this is ears or nonovirus? It was going round a few weeks back but not heard of any cases recently at nursery. Scarlet fever did hit one child but don't think it's that.

ThenBellaDidSomethingVeryKind Sat 20-Feb-16 16:34:27

Could be an war infection. My dd had one at a similar age. She never mentioned her ears but did a lot of vomiting

ThenBellaDidSomethingVeryKind Sat 20-Feb-16 16:34:37

*ear

BoyGirlBoy3 Sat 20-Feb-16 16:48:20

Has any fluid come out the ears?

Millionairerow Sat 20-Feb-16 17:15:16

No. Dd1 had a burst ear drum last year but no, dd2 just says both ears are sore.

BoyGirlBoy3 Sat 20-Feb-16 17:33:24

That's good, its hard to give them calpol etc, for ears when being sick. Maybe a hot water bottle, to put on the ear, or a warm flannel, take turns side to side if its both. When was the last sick? I am wondering if that is stopping now, or still continuing.

Millionairerow Sat 20-Feb-16 18:12:32

She's asleep just now. She finally took some milk with cal pol in so feels a lot cooler. She was up all night last night practically. Hopefully if she's been in pain or dizzy coz of ears, then that'll help her stop being sick. She was sick about 3 pm but sleeping ever since.😑

BoyGirlBoy3 Sat 20-Feb-16 21:42:03

oh good, if she's not been sick since 3, then hopefully, that's the end of the vomiting, i hope so, if her ears still hurt over next couple days, maybe go to gp or minor illness nurse to get the ears checked out. Bless her.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now