Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Pale and white poo

(13 Posts)
ktmummy1 Fri 19-Feb-16 19:20:31

My dd has passed a poo today that was pale in colour and some parts were totally white. She has not had a bug other than a cough/cold but this has been mild. She had ibuprofen 5 days ago. Other than that, and being pale, shes been ok in herself.
Should I be concerned after one incident?

Believeitornot Fri 19-Feb-16 19:20:51

How old is she?

ktmummy1 Fri 19-Feb-16 19:22:52

confusedandemployed Fri 19-Feb-16 19:25:22

What has she eaten? My DD passed an almost jet black poo this morning. I was a bit returned until I remembered all the black fondant icing she'd eaten off her Pimgu birthday cake blush She's also 3 (nearly)

ktmummy1 Fri 19-Feb-16 19:29:10

Nothing out of the ordinary. Milk, porridge, raisins, breadsticks, cheese, chicken and a few chips, egg on toast, juice, oat bar, milk . Will increase fruit and veg tomorrow.

ScarletForYa Fri 19-Feb-16 19:31:28

Children often get white/pale stools post viral. Should go back to normal in a few days.

ktmummy1 Fri 19-Feb-16 19:35:12

What sort of virus would cause it? She's not been ill other than mild cough and slight runny nose?! X

confusedandemployed Fri 19-Feb-16 19:37:29

Well that's a virus. They all have the potential to cause upset. 2 years ago my DD was limping heavily for 2 months, because of a post viral reaction. If your DD is fine in herself I'd hazard a guess she'll be OK flowers

Fannycraddock79 Fri 19-Feb-16 19:41:02

Extra milk can cause this also. If it continues beyond a couple of days then I would ask the go but I wouldn't panic and certainly do not google, it very probably will go in a couple of days

ScarletForYa Fri 19-Feb-16 19:41:05

A virus exactly like a cough or cold !

ktmummy1 Fri 19-Feb-16 19:41:09

Ok will monitor over weekend and come back for further advice if needed! Thanks😊

ktmummy1 Fri 19-Feb-16 19:49:58

I knew a cough and cold was a virus but no idea they could cause white poo. Very white in parts and very pale yellow elsewhere. Was a bit worrying. Thanks, won't panic just yet! X

RattusRattus Fri 19-Feb-16 19:52:21

My DD had this. It was because of milk. I dropped her milk intake and it sorted itself out. (After lots of blood tests that were all done).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now