Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Two from one go or 2 from different days?

(7 Posts)
madcapped Fri 19-Feb-16 14:52:26

Hi! GP has asked for 2 urine samples from first wee of the day from my dd 6. Her last sample had high levels of protein but gp wants new sample because the first was from the night before. GP is iff for the week now so not available to ask.

So should I try and get 2 pots worth from one morning wee or do it over two days? DD has an appointment in 2 weeks.

Thanks!

madcapped Fri 19-Feb-16 17:33:52

Bump

madcapped Fri 19-Feb-16 21:26:33

Anyone?

ScarlettDarling Fri 19-Feb-16 21:29:53

I'd assume the gp wanted 2 samples from different days but not sure so really just bumping for you!

Hope she's ok.

madcapped Fri 19-Feb-16 22:07:52

Thanks. I think that's what I will do. One tomorrow morning and one on Monday.

She's been complaining of a stomach ache for a couple months. I put it down to growing pains/trapped wind and feel bad now. blush

Minisoksmakehardwork Fri 19-Feb-16 22:27:36

Id assume they were going to dip test one there and then, and send the other off. Its a waste product so I don't think 2 days old urine would test as well as fresh. So I'd ring the surgery when they reopen and ask tbh.

madcapped Fri 19-Feb-16 22:50:30

I've asked at the surgery twice. They won't get the gp or a different one to call me, because the doctor that ordered the test is now on leave for a week. Maybe I will do two pots from monday morning's wee and then if they want it from different days the dr will have time when she gets back to have another test done.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now