Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Blood in poo

(11 Posts)
Jo4040 Sat 30-Jan-16 20:32:41

DS ages 13 months had a little bit of blood ON poo last week...nothing since.

Just had a poo now and theres blood IN the poo. I'm so worried. I have major health anxiety and I just don't need this.

The poo was a round ball and he has been a little constipated last week. Hes poorly today. Cough, temp, tired, runny eyes last night. I'm just so worried.

I'm going to go GP on Monday but I'm not going to eat or sleep properly now until then.

Jo4040 Sat 30-Jan-16 20:38:59

Hes not crawling, self feeding, standing at the Sofa unaided. Hes making no attempt. Hes been refered to physio and a paediatrician.

I worry so much about him. Iv never worried about my other DS like this

hellhasnofurylikeahungrywoman Sat 30-Jan-16 20:39:27

An anal fisture (a small tear from the constipation) would cause this.

Jo4040 Sat 30-Jan-16 20:41:16

What in his stool? Not on it. I hope so. I just can't rationalise anything other then the worst

Jo4040 Sat 30-Jan-16 20:42:50

Hell...thanks for getting back to me... It's helps someone elses opinion other then my mum saying 'get some orange juice down him'

hellhasnofurylikeahungrywoman Sat 30-Jan-16 23:14:02

The thing you fear most (bowel cancer?) is more likely to cause diarrhoea with blood rather than constipation and is extremely rare in children so try not to worry too much over the weekend.

Jo4040 Sun 31-Jan-16 08:53:30

He had another this morning and it was a hard round ball again with nothing... Still going to take him because it could happen again

Jo4040 Sun 31-Jan-16 15:49:13

I think he's has piles? Iv just seen a little red/purple ball up his bum...piles is something iv never suffers with before so I just wouldn't know...

hellhasnofurylikeahungrywoman Sun 31-Jan-16 16:36:48

I think you are absolutely right to take him but yes, it sounds like it could be.

nocoolnamesleft Sun 31-Jan-16 16:45:30

Sounds like he needs treating for his constipation, so definitely get him checked out.

Jo4040 Sun 31-Jan-16 17:03:11

Thankyou for your replys. He doesn't Fri k enough. He won't use a cuo or attempt to put a bottle to his own mouth. I think he might have hyper mobility or something. Which I'm trying not to let it get to me, and it may not even be that.

Iv been giving him lots of orange juice today and other fluids and hes got a bug tea of loads of veg which I hope he eats and doesn't store in his massive cheeks and then spit out in twenty mins!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now