Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Croup

(3 Posts)
doodlejump1980 Tue 26-Jan-16 00:35:06

How long does croup last for? We were at OOH on Thursday - given steroids and again on Sunday in the very early am because it had got worse so more steroids were given. He's still wheezing away, might try gp tomorrow. Just curious as to how long it usually lasts for and how contagious it is? Is it inevitable that his twin will get it too? They are 1.

youlemming Tue 26-Jan-16 21:16:15

DD2 is 6m and we ended up in the OOH 2 weeks ago and even though the horrid sounding cough and breathing has gone she still has a rattle and wheeze, the doctor said it was viral so there is a chance it will be passed on.
She wasn't given anything for it and was told the cough may take a couple of weeks to clear up.

HalfStar Wed 27-Jan-16 00:37:13

I'm awake in my 4 year old's room wondering this too, even though both my kids had a dose of it already last autumn hmm I think it lasted about 5 days with a couple of particularly bad nights.

got a fright tonight with dd, she was in fine form apart from blocked nose, then just suddenly woke barking with stridor. She's sleeping now but it's hard to relax...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now