Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Itchy skin on DS legs and knee, scratching ...what could this be? ( photo included)

(11 Posts)
ukgirlatheart Sat 23-Jan-16 09:14:24

Noticed DS has red itchy spots/rash on his legs and one knee, he says its itchy. Other symptoms he has a chesty cough but doesn't appear to be ill. Any ideas...

LIZS Sat 23-Jan-16 09:15:13

Looks like bites, do you have pets?

ukgirlatheart Sat 23-Jan-16 09:20:16

Yes a cat but am sure it's not, looks more like a rash as there are blemishes and the red scabs r I think where he's been scratching

Orangeanddemons Sat 23-Jan-16 09:21:41

Looks like potential eczema to me

gamerchick Sat 23-Jan-16 09:24:29

It looks like what my husband gets when I change the washing powder.

It also looks like the Staphylococcus infection my son had all over his legs. That one needs sorting before its passed on. In the form of a painful boil in my case.

ukgirlatheart Sat 23-Jan-16 09:46:50

Ah I have been using Aldi washing liquid for the last 4 weeks usually used Fairy but he doesn't have it anywhere else.

ukgirlatheart Sat 23-Jan-16 09:48:00

It's not on his thighs just on his lower legs and worse on one

Shapebandit Sat 23-Jan-16 09:49:00

My daughter gets like that on her arms and legs. It's mild eczema

ukgirlatheart Sat 23-Jan-16 09:56:10

I really don't know whether it's eczema I have some cream I'll pop on. He also plays a sport twice a week that makes him very sweaty he wears skins wondering if it's heat rash. Trip to Drs on Monday I think

gamerchick Sat 23-Jan-16 10:00:19

God aldi laundry stuff takes the skin off under my arms. I'd love to know what's in the stuff.

I'd still take him to the docs just to be sure.

Sleepyfergus Sat 23-Jan-16 10:37:22

Looks like mild eczema which. An flare up when under the weather. To sooth the itch and moisturise, use some Aveeno cream. Works a treat on my dd2

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now