Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Please diagnose mystery spots...

(5 Posts)
spaghettihoopsagain Thu 21-Jan-16 19:40:57

Our 7 year old ds has had mysterious spots on his nose for around 4 weeks now. He has quite a number (20 or so) red spots on his nose and around his nostrils that look a bit like acne - no blisters, no weeping but they look angry. At times they look like they are going (sometimes nearly gone) but then they suddenly come back all angry. I booked GP appointment and whilst waiting for this used Canesten cream - now been on it for a week and no improvement. GP said just use the cream. He also has very itchy hands - constantly scratching his hands on palms and fingertips. The nose is not itchy and there is no rash on his hands..... very odd! We are going away for 3 months early next week and want to get this sorted.

officebairn Fri 22-Jan-16 16:04:55

No idea sorry, but thought I'd bump for you...

ClaudiaWankleman Fri 22-Jan-16 16:11:13

Eczema? Can be got on the face, especially around the folds near the nose and mouth.

Alternatively, is he allergic to something? Potentially something he eats with his fingers, or clothing that comes into contact with both parts of the body.

spaghettihoopsagain Fri 22-Jan-16 16:33:34

Thanks - no, really doesn't not book like Eczema. They are little red spots that become angry. Look more like acne! They look a bit better today but this has happened before and then they flare up again - they look awful!

Trumpette Fri 22-Jan-16 16:37:41

Dermatologist? I know you said you are going away but skin things are notoriously difficult to identify! My daughter had a rash for four months and it was only after several visits to GP (and several different skin creams) later that I insisted we go to a dermatologist and he referred us. She diagnosed within a matter of minutes!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now