Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Worried about fever in post-concussion DD

(5 Posts)
Ncdjustforthis Thu 21-Jan-16 12:22:50

DD (8) fell on Tues and hit the her forehead hard on ice. Glasses not broken, teeth all intact, nose bled profusely for a while but settled, she didn't lose consciousness. She saw the GP who said to keep her home the next day, monitor for excessive drowsiness, clumsiness, slurring etc.

She seemed fine yesterday. Went off to bed as normal. When I went to get her up she had a fever of 39.6. She said she'd been awake all night (which I doubt - she'd have been in to me), but despite calpol and calprofen the fever won't go below 39. She has no cold or flu symptoms. She says nothing else hurts except her ankles because she was awake all night hmm

Just a viral thing and a coincidence or?

Ncdjustforthis Thu 21-Jan-16 12:24:34

Ncd due to difficulties with DD's dad who often likes to stalk me online. I have sole custody, and if we do end up going to GP etc. I'd rather him not turn up there.

TattieHowkerz Thu 21-Jan-16 12:26:02

Why not give the GP a call and ask if they want you to bring her in?

NK346f2849X127d8bca260 Thu 21-Jan-16 12:30:03

I Would give your surgery a ring and ask for advice.

Ncdjustforthis Thu 21-Jan-16 12:51:23

I spoke to the surgery. They said to just watch and see. If she gets slurry or dizzy then go to A&E but likely as not it's just unfortunate timing of a bug.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now