Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

17wk old baby, unusually crying, Grizzling and seems to be sleeping in day more

(3 Posts)
Frenchfancies Thu 14-Jan-16 15:48:15

Last few weeks he has been waking up every 2hrs at night to breast feed, and then the last four days he has been really grizzly crying a lot more and sleeping more in the day... He temp seems to range from 36.7 to 37.5 within minutes on the digital ear thermometer - I don't entirely trust it, the armpit thermometer says 37.4. He also has a little cough every so often during the day - had this for about 2 weeks although that might be nothing as sounds more like he catches his breath rather than like a dry or mucusey cough. Also has bad wind which he gets pain from and really upset about, just started him on colief and also I'm pumping off a bit of fore milk on the advice of lactation consultant so that he gets more hindmilk as he's feeding for only 15mins before a he's had enough, so she thought the lactose was giving him wind. Is it growth spurt/leap do you think? Seems to be going on a while. Maybe a combination of things? Arghh

scandichick Thu 14-Jan-16 15:52:43

Sounds like it could be the four month sleep regression?

Frenchfancies Thu 14-Jan-16 18:05:46

I think I'm just losing the plot slowly. If I put my exhausted head away and try and think rationally... I think it's growth spurt/sleep regression/development leap/shorter feeds = lesshindmilk= Painful wind/third immunisations = mild temp = sleeping more..... Basically a combination of things. Who said at 16wks everything gets easier!!? Arghhhh

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now