Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

MRI scan results

(5 Posts)
Notthinkingclearly Wed 13-Jan-16 11:17:12

Ds had scan on head on Friday. How long do you usually wait for results. Called consultants secretary but she didn't think they had come back yet. Is no news good news?

FaFoutis Wed 13-Jan-16 11:24:28

I had to wait 6 weeks and assumed no news was good news. I was right. Good luck.

FlopIsMyParentingGuru Wed 13-Jan-16 11:28:17

We got told we would be contacted within the week if it was bad news.

Buntingsmum Wed 13-Jan-16 14:06:14

We've had to wait a good few weeks for both the head MRs my DD has had - I think a month for the second one. It wasn't good news in her case, but the people doing the scan did speak to us immediately after that 'something' had been seen but it took them a while to figure out the 'something'. So you may have to wait, but hopefully you would hear sooner if there were concerns. Good luck and all the best.

Jibberjabberjooo Thu 14-Jan-16 11:49:15

If it was anything urgent you would you hear straight away. Do you know what they're scanning for?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now