Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

12 week old DS eyes not aligned?

(1 Post)
NorahM Wed 13-Jan-16 11:13:32

Hi all,

I was hopping to see if anyone can give me any advice/reassurance regarding this. I have a 12 week old DS who I think still has a slight squint, and I feel like I worry endlessly about it.
First off, his eyes always sort of look turned inwards, and I am not worried about that as I think that's quite normal since he has a wide nasal bridge and quite thick epicanthal folds.
What worries me is that sometimes, especially when he's tired, the light (be it from outside or from a lamp) won't reflect in the same spot on his eye. It will be ever so slightly off, which is a telltale sign that at that point his eyes are not aligned. I wonder if that is still normal at this age? Everywhere I read, it says that needs to be sorted by 3 months which he will be next week. Though some sites say it can take up to 4 months for eyes to start working perfectly together. I'll be having a chat with my health visitor about this tomorrow but does anyone have any experience with this at all? Thanks, from a worried mum.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now