Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Bloody nits!!! Have I??? Home remedies??

(3 Posts)
TreeHuggerMum1 Tue 05-Jan-16 18:51:15

Spotted little crawlies in 2 of my 3 children's hair last week. Treated quickly with Hedrin and have been nit combing daily. All seems clear with all the kids, except I'm now itching like crazy.
I've been nit combing myself but I have long curls and its tricky and as yet haven't found anything.
I have nothing in the house and heard you can suffocate with conditioner???
Anyone tried it??
Or other useful home remedies??
Thanks.

Doublebubblebubble Tue 05-Jan-16 18:54:22

Conditioner lots of and I thoroughly recommend a nitty gritty comb (I'm sure others will as well). I use vamousse on my DD (and family) - killed them the fuckers instantly x

AuntieStella Tue 05-Jan-16 19:04:19

You don't suffocate them with conditioner (you need the smothering treatments such as Full Marks or I think Lyclear for that).

You need oodles of conditioner to make your hair slippy so you can comb the little feckers out. And you need to keep doing this every other day for about 3 weeks (a full breeding cycle).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now