Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

weight

(3 Posts)
StetcoDaneva Tue 05-Jan-16 17:55:13

Hello,my baby is 4 week now.at birth wighed 3280 ,at 10 days 3.560 ,at on 16 of December 3730 and today we went to weight him and he was 4280 .they told me he's a lil smaller and if he's feeding well .i think he's normal for his age .is anything I should be worried,he's bottle feeding hmm

Miloarmadillo1 Tue 05-Jan-16 22:54:21

He's a kilo over his birthweight at 4 weeks old, how can that not be enough? Average weight gain should be 4-8oz a week ( based on BF baby, but they are supposed to use that as the 'norm) and he's upper end of that. What does it look like plotted on the centile charts in his red book? Is he alert? Plenty of wet and dirty nappies? Would you be worried other than some HV saying it's not enough? Seems there are still plenty of HVs out there obsessed with getting every baby on to the 50 th centile displaying complete ignorance of what a centile chart is for

StetcoDaneva Wed 06-Jan-16 11:12:23

Everything is normal only he's suffering some bad winds hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now