Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

3 month old really bad cough don't know what to do

(6 Posts)
Stephie85 Fri 01-Jan-16 21:13:29

My 3 month old lb has had a cold since Boxing Day then developed a bad cough he had to have his 2 no lots of jabs on Wednesday and the nurse got us a appointment with the dr he basically couldn't of cared less basically said it will clear but today it sound like it is on his chest and sounds wheezy really don't know what to do ????

ScarlettDarling Fri 01-Jan-16 21:15:29

He's still really tiny so I would get him checked over again asap. Whooping cough is really flying around in some areas, could it be that?

FuzzyOwl Fri 01-Jan-16 21:16:22

Poor little mite. I would see another doctor for a second opinion and explain that it sounds worse. Hope he is better soon.

Stephie85 Fri 01-Jan-16 21:26:15

He has had his jabs so I really hope it's not whooping cough
I was thinking of getting second opinion as the dr was really arrogant towards me made me feel like I was worrying over nothing I know I'm a first time mum but there was no need to be like that ,
Just getting really worried over it all now confusedsad

Whataboutreindeer Fri 01-Jan-16 21:28:54

It's probably bronchiolitis that's doing the rounds. Keep an eye on temp, breathing and feeding, ring NHS direct or go to ooh of you are worried. My son has had it since he was 9 weeks and is now 16 weeks. Some days he sounds awful and coughs a lot and others he is fine. He was in hospital when his sats dropped low and they put him on oxygen. Hope baby is better soon, it's miserable when they are ill.

Stephie85 Fri 01-Jan-16 21:36:23

That's what my mum said that it might be bronchitis his temp is fine not gone up or down the only thing that was different today was he had green poo which he has not had before X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now