Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Upper abdominal Pain

(4 Posts)
chukwe Fri 01-Jan-16 21:05:34

My 6 year old daughter has been having pains above her belly button for the past 5 months. We've been to the GP and private consultants several times but found nothing. She has done all the test including stool, blood, urine, CT Scan, Endoscopy & Biopsy (cost me £3,000). But nothing was found including allergies.

The pain is frequent on daily bases and always start when she wakes up in the morning. It comes and goes within various intervals. Some days are better that others.

I recently came across abdominal migraine and tried pizotifen for few days but no effect.

Is there any other option(s) to explore? Thanks

Badders123 Fri 01-Jan-16 22:39:32

You need to stay on the meds for longer than a few days!!!
Another tip would be looking at something like the fodmap diet - under a dietician.
I sympathise....my son has abdominal migraine too and it's hard to see them in such pain

chukwe Fri 01-Jan-16 23:48:49

Thanks for the reply Badders.

How do we know that it's Abdominal Migraine?

Badders123 Sat 02-Jan-16 08:56:40

If all the tests rule out anything else then AM (or sometimes it's called functional abdominal pain) is the usual diagnosis.
My son was diagnosed by his paediatrician after he was rushed in with suspected appendicitis.
He had bloods and and a scan...all normal.
We are looking at his diet at the moment and going to see a dietician in march.
The pizotifen has helped ds in that although he still gets pain he no longer vomits

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now