Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

breastfeeding and the cold...

(5 Posts)
artisanroast Wed 30-Dec-15 20:04:19

Hi,

A quick question...

My husband has a really awful cold and I do mean quite horrid - he is losing his voice. Usually I get colds but this time it's him.

Anyway, I haven't caught this cold and have no sign of getting it (so far). So, would it be fair to say that as I am breastfeeding my daughter she should have all my antibodies and therefore will hopefully also side-step this cold that my husband has?

She currently has no cold symptoms. She is 15 weeks old.

raisin3cookies Wed 30-Dec-15 20:11:50

Very likely. Your daughter may come down with something but it might not be as serious, either. Keep yourself healthy - eating right, plenty of rest, etc... Looking after a baby when poorly yourself is no picnic!

ElphabaTheGreen Wed 30-Dec-15 20:21:32

Impossible to say - she might or she might not. Just make sure he washes his hands a lot (especially after blowing his nose) and doesn't breathe/sneeze/cough near her face.

artisanroast Sat 02-Jan-16 19:10:06

I'm pleased to say DD and I are still cold free smile

raisin3cookies Sat 02-Jan-16 19:44:52

Excellent. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now