Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

chickenpox help

(8 Posts)
newageangel Mon 21-Dec-15 06:30:45

My LG has had a cough for a little over a week now and threw up last Monday when I went to take her to nursery she is 3 and Monday night she had a fever of 40.7c it was bouncing around all night and all of Tuesday I took her to hospital Tuesday they said she was fine and it was just a viral infection then Wednesday afternoon she got spots all over her chest, back, backs of her ears etc I phoned the emergency number and was told she has chickenpox but by Friday the spots started to fade and her fever is completely gone she still has the spots now but are very faint and they ain't itchy at all could this still be chickenpox?

hazeyjane Mon 21-Dec-15 06:37:31

Did the spots blister at all? If it was chickenpox, the spots should come out in crops, each crop should blister and burst and then crust over, and then fade. When they are coming out and blistering, they will itch like hell.

We're the spots all over her body and face?

Could it have been a viral rash?

newageangel Mon 21-Dec-15 16:30:25

They didn't blister only a few on her nose but they looked like sweat bumps that's all no crusting either the spots are everywhere they were really bad on her face behind her ears and on her torso they are still there now just faint I don't know what a viral rash is

Soz if I sound thick she's my first so I don't know much about these illnesses lol

dementedpixie Mon 21-Dec-15 17:40:35

A viral rash can appear when they are fighting off a virus

dementedpixie Mon 21-Dec-15 17:42:27

And unlikely to be chicken pox if it didn't blister

newageangel Mon 21-Dec-15 17:48:45

Wouldn't that go once her temp went back to normal though

dementedpixie Mon 21-Dec-15 17:53:41

It can take a few days for the rash to fade. Chicken pox has distinctive spots that blister, pop and then scab over. Once they have scabbed over they are no longer contagious. If her spots have not blistered or scabbed then it isn't chicken pox.

patient.info/health/viral-rashes

Jibberjabberjooo Mon 21-Dec-15 18:01:40

A viral rash can take a while to fade.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now