Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Is this a Threadworm? (Pic included)

(13 Posts)
Needafiltercoffee Fri 18-Dec-15 22:30:18

Just picked this from my dds front bottom. It appears to be moving! Can someone please confirm that it's a Threadworm?

CMOTDibbler Fri 18-Dec-15 22:31:15

Yes, thats a threadworm

Raxacoricofallapatorius Fri 18-Dec-15 22:31:25

Yup.

Bugsylugs Fri 18-Dec-15 22:31:40

Looks like it if it is moving

Bugsylugs Fri 18-Dec-15 22:32:21

All in the household need treating except very young and pregnant

Luxyelectro Fri 18-Dec-15 22:35:31

Yes.
Wash towels, bedding. Cut nails short, underwear to bed under PJ's to stop the itch reinfeststion cycle. Wash hands religiously after going to the loo. Keep toilets and bathrooms clean and treat everyone with ovex if they are old enough.

Raxacoricofallapatorius Fri 18-Dec-15 22:35:58

Treat again in a fortnight too. Wash bedding, towels and toys. Short fingernails, knickers at night, hand washing and no fingers in mouth.

Ruddy things. 40% of dc have them at any given time.

Raxacoricofallapatorius Fri 18-Dec-15 22:36:44

Xposts with luxy!

Needafiltercoffee Fri 18-Dec-15 22:41:36

Thanks all, thanks for the practical advice too. I'm grossed out (but trying not to let dd see that I am) I'll get ovex tomorrow.

gamerchick Fri 18-Dec-15 22:46:34

FFS why do people need physical proof?! Treat your bloody kids when they have an itchy bum on an evening. Threadworms do not get resistant to the meds and there are rarely side effects.

For a worm like that your house is covered in eggs. Just sort it out man.

Needafiltercoffee Fri 18-Dec-15 22:51:40

Oh Gamerchick! Just when I thought Mumsnet was a friendly useful source of information. There's no need for comments like that Gamerchick. For what it's worth, I was at the dr with her this pm and he gave her canes ten with clotrimazole!

dratsea Sat 19-Dec-15 09:18:34

gamerchick "canes ten, clotrimazole", unless op is a borrower and took picture down a microscope there is no way thrush would show on her (his? finger). well confused.

To say again, threadworms are the new headlice, not need to flame-throw the head for the headlice, nor need to boil the house for worms. High index suspicion, short nails, treat everyone, twice, and wait for next re-infestation. And it is the same families, or perhaps their children that introduce it into the class.

Needafiltercoffee Sat 19-Dec-15 09:59:44

Hi dratsea, just to confirm my Dr prescribed the "canesten with clotrimazole" He didn't even look at my dds bottom! I found the worm later that evening after the Drs appointment. I appreciate the confirmation and advice from everyone but find comments from gamerchick unnecessary.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now