Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

2yo with sore ear and neck

(2 Posts)
CustardLover Fri 18-Dec-15 21:24:09

My 2yo is on day 3 of complaining of having a sore ear and neck. He is super grumbly which is very unlike him (but he is two!), trying to poke into his own ear, telling me his neck hurts too (only on the left side - same ear); he can't sleep, cries constantly and can't find a comfortable position in bed, sitting down, even on my shoulder. He has a runny nose but has no temperature and on the 2nd day of him complaining like this (yesterday), I took him to the doctor who said it wasn't an ear infection and she couldn't find anything wrong or see anything in his ear. She prescribed him nothing and said it's probably a virus.

It's the neck thing that's getting me; it seems weird - any thoughts? Should I take him to A&E?

Thanks

somanymiles Fri 18-Dec-15 21:30:35

Did they check his throat? I took DS to dr with sore ear a few weeks ago and it turned out to be tonsilitis. I wouldn't take him to A&E unless symptoms have changed since you took him to dr. Take him back to dr if he does not improve tonight and you are still worried... Hope your baby gets better soon!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now