Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

DD (7) wakes up in the night with really sore foot - not cramp/pins & needles, what else could it be?

(4 Posts)
plipplops Thu 17-Dec-15 12:23:08

This has happened before - DD2 woke up last night crying loads and loads saying the top of her foot was really hurting. Managed to calm her down eventually and it seemed to go away (gave her some Calprofen as well). It doesn't hurt to the touch or when you rub it so can't be cramp or her sleeping funny on it, any ideas???

Parietal Thu 17-Dec-15 22:21:42

my DD (age 7) sometimes wakes up in the night with growing pains, especially in her legs. for some reason they seem worse if she wears pjs or leggings in bed, so now she always has a nightie. when I looked online I couldn't find anything that could be done about it except reassurance, and it doesn't happen often.

VegetablEsoup Thu 17-Dec-15 22:29:54

consultant we see for a chronic problem says there is no such thing as growing pains.

either they are cramps (usually short lived), muscle ache (after overdoing it at sports), injuries.

if pain is persistent, without obvious reasons, especially if one sided geg it checked out.

plipplops Fri 18-Dec-15 08:24:31

Thanks for that. She was up at 4.30 this morning with her whole leg hurting in the same way sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now