Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

LO keeps getting infections! What do i do?

(3 Posts)
Floss19 Tue 15-Dec-15 13:53:39

Hi! I'm very worried about what to do next... My LO (2.5 years) just keeps getting ill. In the last 3 weeks we have had 4 separate infections (Chest, ear, tonsillitis and UTI) and 3 courses of antibitotics. Within 48 hours of finishing the antibitotics he starts getting a temp and showing signs of coming down with something again which is happening again today after finishing the antibitotics on Sunday. He does complete the entire course and hasn't got any other medical problems and is usually a very fit and happy child.

I just don't know what to do...especially coming up to Christmas sad

Has anyone else been in a similar scenario?

pombear1 Tue 15-Dec-15 14:04:55

I feel your pain. My 18 month old has had Bronchiolitis, an ear infection and 2 colds in the last 4-6 weeks. I feel like we should take out stocks in Calpol. It's made worse by having to miss so much work to look after him! I think unfortunately, its just that time of year. All my friends with kids seems to be going through the same sad

Witchend Wed 16-Dec-15 14:19:04

If they're different infections then it's probably just the first one has pulled the immune system down so he's catching anything going.

It's when it's always the same infection that you are looking for an underlying cause or seeing if the infection needs more than a basic course.
Ds had constant ear infections, as you describe, 2 days off antibiotics and then down again, but this was constant from around 12 weeks until 20 months when he had grommets put in.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now