Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Anybody's DC had a tonsillectomy and overnight stay at Addenbrookes?

(7 Posts)
floooOoooatyfloooOooo Mon 14-Dec-15 22:14:36

If so which ward did they stay on? And what facilities are there?

mollyonthemove Mon 14-Dec-15 22:21:33

Not tonsils but I know Addenbrookes kids wards quite well! They re C wards, and the hospital itself hs a good concourse with shops and a food court. Is this what you meant?

floooOoooatyfloooOooo Mon 14-Dec-15 22:25:59

Okay fab, I was wondering what sort of games/toys/tellys there are on the ward. I tried to look online but as I don't know which ward it is I couldn't see from their website.

Do you have to pay for the tellys like on the adults wards?

And also is there a microwave/kettle for the parents? Or does all food and drink have to be bought from the concourse?

floooOoooatyfloooOooo Mon 14-Dec-15 22:35:22

I think he will be on c3. If you have any info about the ward that will be fab x

mollyonthemove Tue 15-Dec-15 09:13:24

It's been a while but I remember it being very nice. There was a separate playroom area - can't remember about the telly to be honest. Pretty sure there is a kitchen area for parents Sorry not a huge amount of help am I?!

mollyonthemove Tue 15-Dec-15 09:14:20

I'd give them a call - they are very used to nervous parents asking questions.

VeryPunny Tue 15-Dec-15 09:27:01

We were in an overflow ward - might have been J?? Either way it was still set up as a children's ward. This was with a young baby though and I was able to stay overnight. I was breastfeeding so I was provided with hot meals but there were sandwiches, and tea and coffee available for other parents. My friend has been in with her little boy for a similar op and there was a fab play team who came before and explained what was going to happen using teddies. The place can be a bit scruffy but the staff are generally excellent.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now