Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Lots of loose stools in 7 week old DD

(4 Posts)
LadyStark Fri 11-Dec-15 16:13:08

DD2 is 7 weeks old today and has intermittently suffered with watery stools, I think she has had 8 since about 8am this morning.

She is exclusively breastfed and the only things I can think of in my diet that I eat fairly constantly are dairy and wheat, there doesn't seem to be an obvious pattern but I haven't keep a strict food diary either.

I have also noticed the odd poo smelling of fish - I haven't eaten any fish. I spoke to the GP earlier this week who said it sounds like a bug but it comes and goes and is always worse in the day and alright overnight.

Apart from discomfort immediately before the poo she is content in herself and gaining weight well.

Any ideas? Do I need to cut out dairy? Stool sample to docs? Would really like to know if anyone has had similar issues.

Doublebubblebubble Fri 11-Dec-15 16:19:17

Sounds normal to me... My ds is ebf (8weeks) and has the exact same thing - breast milk poo is very sickly sweet smelling si I have no idea about the fish smell... Have you given her infacol or anything like that that might have changed it...

LadyStark Fri 11-Dec-15 16:44:04

No infacol or anything.

She has periods, days even, where her poo is normal - still liquid but not watery like it has been today and where she doesn't have discomfort.

Doublebubblebubble Fri 11-Dec-15 17:12:44

Hmmm... Probably best just to have her checked but I'm sure its fine x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now