Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

3yr old and breathing issues

(6 Posts)
MrsWhirling Thu 10-Dec-15 16:55:30

Hi all, my 3yr old was in hospital for 4days at the end of October with breathing problems I.e working hard to breathe and low oxygen. In the end it was treated as a chest infection and he had antib's and blue inhaler. On Sunday he had similar issue, spent afternoon in A&E. This time said it was virus induced wheeze. Treated with 3days of steroids and blue inhaler. This afternoon childminder called to say he is working hard to breathe and slight temperature. I do not want to spend all evening in A&E with him, as he finds it very traumatic. Is it likely he has another chest infection? Not sure what to do.

Sirzy Thu 10-Dec-15 16:57:58

I am afraid if he is working hard to breathe then he needs seeing tonight.

MrsWhirling Thu 10-Dec-15 17:00:47

Yes, you're right but I am really worried about why it has happened again.

Sirzy Thu 10-Dec-15 17:24:35

That's why he needs checking. It could be that the last virus hasn't cleared yet, it could be something else but wee can't judge that.

Hope he is ok

MrsWhirling Thu 10-Dec-15 17:39:03

Thanks x

Petallic Thu 10-Dec-15 17:44:28

My now 4 yr old had post viral wheezes after practically every sniffle/sneeze between the ages of 2-3. No definite cause, seems to run in the boys of our family and they have all grown out of it now. I would go get him checked out this evening rather than potentially have it worsen overnight especially if the childminder is saying he is already working hard to breathe. Or if your gp opens after 5pm can you ring them and try and be seen there (although they may just send you to a&e anyway).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now