Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

3 year old pooping a lot

(5 Posts)
jadeharveyx Tue 08-Dec-15 16:39:05

Hi there. My little girl has been complaining about a sore tummy for probably just about over 2 weeks now. In this time, she has passed 2 green stools which concerned me and so I took her to out of hours at my local hospital. The doctor was very rude and just past us off. I then took her to my own doctors when it was open for a bit of reassurance from the people who know my daughter. It's not all the time she is complaining but when she does she gets really upset which isn't like her. Her dad has ulcerative colitis and I am fully aware that this is genetic and this was a huge concern as last year when she was still on nappies, she past stool which was completely covered in blood. Touch wood this hasn't happened since. So anyway, I brought this up to the doctor who said she wasn't concerned as it's very rare in children her age. Now my daughter is pooing about 6/7 Times a day probably and has got to the stage her bottom is sore to wipe. When she is pooping, it's only a small poo (about 1 or 2) at a time but is going very frequently. Can someone please give me some idea as to what could be wrong with her? Or if there's nothing and I'm just paranoid...

jadeharveyx Tue 08-Dec-15 16:40:56

I also meant to add that every now and then her tummy is swelling up huge.

ChinaSorrows Tue 08-Dec-15 16:48:53

I'm sorry but I would be back at the doctor and not taking "no" for an answer.

In the mean time. Can you keep a "food diary" of everything she eats and drinks and see if there's any link or correlation between diet and pain?

Then "experiment" remove certain foods for a few days and see if there's any change. Present your "findings"/"experiment" to the doctor.

ktmummy1 Tue 08-Dec-15 20:52:01

Yes definitely back to GP if stomach is swelling up and she's had bloody poo and green poo (even if the blood wasn't recent) and given the family history of ulcerative colitis. I would want further tests done to establish why her stomach is swelling and reasons for unusual bowel habits.

jadeharveyx Tue 08-Dec-15 20:54:54

Thank you for help smile. I will get her to my GP tomorrow.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now