Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

chicken pox question! (again!)

(7 Posts)
Kelly3452 Mon 07-Dec-15 21:57:00

So my toddler had chicken pox a few weeks back, my baby didnt show any signs of it. Its been 12 days since my toddler was contageous. And ive just noticed a big scab like spot in babys hair! When i inspected his head closer he also had a blackish spot at the back of his hair (like an oldish looking scabby spot!) ive checked all his bosy and he does have spots but they are more acne looking (hes always had exzema/baby acne on his upper back) and its not unusual for him to have odd spots.
The few spots he has got dont seem to look like blisters. Maybe more like acne or older chicken pox spots!? Though they arent black crusts either.
Could i have totally missed him having chicken pox!?! Im at a loss of what stage of chicken pox hes at if this is what it is!?! Help!

outputgap Mon 07-Dec-15 22:38:20

My 6 month old appeared to get chicken pox and it didn't look like classic chicken pox (a gp and paediatric a and e both said it was CP). He then got it for sure when his sister had it. Did look like acne at the start. Apparently possible to get it twice if you get it early!

ktmummy1 Tue 08-Dec-15 05:38:40

I don't think you can miss them having it- the spots have definite stages and are very red then angry with blister then blister bursts and the spots look sore then scabby. Unlikely to be chicken pox imo

Kelly3452 Tue 08-Dec-15 07:35:54

The reason im asking is cos my first son only had a few spots when he caught it . And mot of those were in his scalp like my second. Looking at him today some if the spots look like burst blisters but ive just not seen them fill the same way as i did my toddler!?

Kelly3452 Tue 08-Dec-15 23:20:18

Well turns out it was chicken pox hes now covered! So guessing if those first soots were pox hes on day 4ish.. :-/

ktmummy1 Wed 09-Dec-15 06:21:28

Oh poor little mite. Hope he gets over it quickly! At least you know for sure now x

Kelly3452 Wed 09-Dec-15 09:22:15

I kno thanks! Still hoping ive missed the first few break outs so he hasnt got many more to come :-/ hes already got double what my toddler had a few weeks ago!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now