Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

6 month old EBF not fed in 17 hours.

(6 Posts)
TheDetective Sun 06-Dec-15 18:37:30

6 month old is full of snot/chesty type cough.

He last fed at 2am. He's EBF, bottle refuses, not on solids yet.

Had 2 wet nappies today. Fontanelle not sunken. Mouth seems moist. Not lethargic (opposite, won't stop screaming). Doesn't seem dehydrated.

Am I missing anything? How long do I leave him without food. My boobs are dying despite pumping (they won't empty only soften). But I don't know what I should be doing.

Notthinkingclearly Sun 06-Dec-15 18:43:25

I think I would get him looked by out of hours if he hasn't fed for that long. Is he running a fever? Would he take some expressed milk off spoon or from a cup? Or maybe a syringe with cooled boiled water and keep giving a squirt every few minutes?

Definitely get him looked at, pronto. For your health as well as his. It takes surprisingly little time for your supply to drop, & a fair bit of work to increase it again, IME.

Idefix Sun 06-Dec-15 19:01:30

I would consider getting baby checked out given the timeline. Babies can be very good at compensating and then crashing.

Try assessing using this...
www.lullabytrust.org.uk/file/The-Lullaby-Trust-Baby-Check-2015.pdf

Hope this works.

TheDetective Sun 06-Dec-15 19:16:31

Oh the irony.

Called out of hours, they advised to take him to a&e.

Ran around like a crazy woman getting things sorted, and finding a baby sitter (I'm a single parent).

He was fretting, so I tried him for the hundredth time today. And he latched!!!!

This child will drive me demented one day!

Now sat on the sofa for the 'bedtime' feed, minus sleeping bag or nappy change!!!! Gah!

BumWad Sun 06-Dec-15 22:22:14

Aah wonderful news 👏

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now