Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

what have helped your child with reflux?

(7 Posts)
Luna9 Sat 05-Dec-15 20:34:09

My 5 year old dd has suffered from reflux from when she was a baby; this sometimes affect her behaviour and she can be quite fussy;she complains of stomach pain and clear her throat very often. I am keen on trying anything that can help improve this eg treatments, medicines, diet changes. Can anybody recommend anything that helps your child with reflux?

thank you

Speederman Sat 05-Dec-15 20:45:16

See a gastro pediatrician.

We did for our 3 year old and really noticed a difference with treatment (inexium)

We also get him to eat dinner a couple of hours before going to bed and reduced dairy products and juice. Avoiding rich foods helps too.

We also noticed an increase in reflux when he was anxious so we try to avoid that

Luna9 Sat 05-Dec-15 20:53:29

Thank you very much for your advice. I will look for a gastro paediatrician. She loves yogurts so not sure I can stop dairy . Will definitely try to get more organised and get her dinner early.

MrsDeVere Sat 05-Dec-15 21:00:17

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

May09Bump Sat 05-Dec-15 21:05:46

Ranitidine and allergy testing helped, ended up with dairy,nuts, egg allergies. Cutting out allergens sorted out the reflux - but it took time.

Alpro make quite nice soy yogurts.

Luna9 Mon 14-Dec-15 17:17:17

Not much luck getting a referral; dr checked her throat and sent us some medicine for reflux; will try and see if it helps. I am cutting down on diary and using skimmed milk when needed; I am also giving her probiotics and the well kid vitamin. May have to go private if the throat clearing doesn't stop.

CatsRule Mon 14-Dec-15 20:52:03

My ds was really bad with reflux, even now certain yoghurts can trigger it. Seems to be fine with thick yoghurts and other dairy but not with the thin kids type yoghurts.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now