Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

rash and irritability, no fever?

(4 Posts)
HalfStar Sat 05-Dec-15 10:08:49

13mo got what looked like a heat rash (pinprick) on back and torso a few days ago. She seemed unbothered but has since become irritable with cough and runny nose. She also has a single random spot on her face which looks different, almost like a chicken pox spot. CP has been doing the rounds at nursery. She hasn't had a fever at all though. Any ideas ?

HalfStar Sat 05-Dec-15 12:46:14

Bumping for ideas

ktmummy1 Sat 05-Dec-15 20:34:00

It could be a viral rash related to the cold or it could be a sign of chicken pox but then both mine didn't have any symptoms of chicken pox before clusters of blister type spots appeared. I would guess (and I'm not medically trained) it's either a viral rash or heat rash- are you wrapping her up too warm at night???

HalfStar Sat 05-Dec-15 21:23:53

Thanks so much for the reply. I don't think it could be heat rash, often at night her hands are quite cool/cold. It does seem viral to me, she's pretty whingey with it now. I kind of hope it's chicken pox so it's over and done with! Interesting to hear that sometimes there's no fever.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now